Tuesday 24 July 2012

Guest Post: Liz from An Epic Liz 20SB Blog Swap



Hey guys- I decided to take part in 20SB's Blog Swap event.  I was matched up with Liz from An Epic Liz, who has told you all about one of her favourite childhood vacations.  I've done the same over on her blog here. Check out my post there as well as her regular posts, with lots of uniqueness and flair!  Enjoy!

TwentyTwenty
_________________________________________________________________________________

As a kid, my parents and I went on a few trips, but they were usually educational. Montana, Wyoming, the Dakotas – and once, just once – Orlando, Florida.

Orlando is the epitome of the greatest childhood vacation, I think – all of the different Disney theme parks from Epcot Center and the Magic Kingdom onto places like Sea World and Busch Gardens – they were all wonderful places to go to as a kid! When I got to go for myself, I was over the moon.

Since I was around eight years old when we went and I’m at the ripe old age of twenty six now, I don’t remember many particulars. I remember that I had really wanted to go to Busch Gardens, but we didn’t due to lack of time. I remember thinking that the Magic Kingdom was actually a castle that you could tour… and was disappointed when it was just a ground-floor gift shop, basically. I still look back and laugh at how my dad made fun of me for not wanting to go on the Tower of Terror. I was eight, what can I say? It was scary!

Being a bit of a daddy’s girl, I still look back fondly at my photo album from those years and see all of the photos of myself with all of the Disney characters – even a couple of me and my dad with Goofy come to mind. I loved nights at the parks – all of the bright lights and some with water shows. It was fun to walk around and check out all of the different things there were to see, shown in a different light thanks to the lowered sun.

As a family, we aren’t the biggest fan of rides. I remember going on a train ride at one of the parks, as well as (of course) going on Splash Mountain and how silly I looked in the photo. I never realized that people always looked so terrified because you’re basically going downhill into a giant pile of fake plant pokers! Of course – who wouldn’t be horrified? It all makes sense now.

I believe we spent around a week at the park, and it was the first and only time thus far I’ve been to Florida. I also remember (besides the Disney excursion) just driving around in the rented car and eating at strange places – also going to Ripley’s Believe It Or Not. That was a great time, which definitely appealed to the part of my mind that’s always been inquisitive about things I’m not too sure about.

This post was initiated by the Blog Swap event hosted by 20 Something Bloggers. Come and check out a little bit of my everyday at An Epic Liz (http://www.anepicliz.com) – and don’t be afraid to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment